What to expect at ALC?
Whether you are new in town or new to Jesus, checking out churches can be really hard. Where do I go? What do I do with my kids? What will the music be like? What is the teaching like? What will people be wearing? Will it be weird? Am I wasting a Sunday morning only to find out that this is just not the right fit for me? These are all valid questions to ask when looking for a church. Here is a brief run-down of what to expect at Abundant Life Church
What age groups attend?
Come as you are. At Abundant Life Church, you'll be welcomed into a friendly, casual environment by people who are excited to see you. We have a healthy diversity of members ranging in age from young to young at heart. There are a number of families with young children, married couples without children in the home, as well as singles.
What kind of music do you play?
We sing a mix of both contemporary and traditional music styles. Song selection is primarily based on the textual content, with attention paid to doctrinal aspects, clarity, and appropriateness for a corporate worship service. We also enjoy a variety of instrumental accompaniment. The bottom line for us is that our worship is designed to point you to Jesus. It’s not about the stage or the talent of the musicians and vocalists. It’s all about Jesus.
What do people wear?
Most people dress in casual attire but feel free to wear your Sunday best.
What kind of message will I hear?
Our teaching is focused on taking the deep truths of The Bible and explaining them in an inspiring manner that makes sense today— Our mission is to help you connect and engage with God's Word. Expect our messages to last roughly 45 minutes.
At a weekend service, you can expect:
- Each service to last about an hour and fifteen minutes.
- Thought-provoking and engaging messages based on the Bible. Biblical truth is the core of everything we teach.
- Spirit filled worship & prayer.
- Fun & foundational teaching for your kids.
Find your personal next step in following Christ:
- A place to belong. Small Groups are the people you can grow, laugh, and serve with. We have groups for men, women, students, and more!
- A chance to make a difference. God created you with gifts and skills that you can use to change lives in your community and the world. Serve at ALC or connect with one of our outreach ministries to get started.
- A way to grow. We want to equip you with the tools to develop as a fully devoted follower of Christ. As an individual, family, or part of a small group, you can find out more about our Connections Growth Track at our welcome table in our coffee bar.
Your family will enjoy:
- Spirit Kids. Every Sunday, Spirit Kids for ages 4yrs-3rd grade, meet downstairs to learn the truth about who God is and who they are because of Him through Bible lessons, singing, games and trusted adult leadership. We also have a Nursery available for ages 0-3 years to take care of your littlest treasures.
- Power Kids. Every Thursday that school is in session features worship, fun, games, and relevant teaching for K - 5th graders. 7:00pm in the Sanctuary. Parents must come inside to sign their kiddos in and out for service.
- Just for teens. REACH meets on Thursdays for students 6th through 12th grade. Loaded with interactive teaching & activities, it addresses real issues teens face each day.
You are welcome at Abundant Life Church
God is at work here at ALC, and as we grow and welcome new faces to our church family, we want to make sure you feel connected! From learning more about what it means to be a part of the church to meeting some of our staff and joining small groups, we have plenty of opportunities to help you get plugged in and feel right at home.